Daniel has quite a collection of sticks and spears in his 'base camp' and I guess the next step was to fashion a shield to protect himself - should he be so fortunate as to have somebody to play friendly war games with.
Recently he made a shield; impressing me with the way he so confidently unlocked Tony's tool cupboard, readied the drill, and actually drilled holes for the leather arm bands, which were later screwed on! I was hovering around to make sure he didn't drill a hole in his foot or hand, but he is clearly quite capable with this tool. Must have had lessons from his Dad when I wasn't looking, lol!
Then it was time for some painting of the actual shield, as well as on his chosen image. A dragon, of course. I should have known.
Here tis
Notice the weapon he is holding? (click on the picture to enlarge and see it better) Such a nasty thorned plant of some description, which he found in a park. Picture now my eyes popping out of my head as he extolled the sharpness and greatness of this particular weapon. Bulging. Especially when he asked could I grow this plant so he can have a steady supply. Uh, that would be NO!
I was a little relieved that dirtballs were the weapons of choice when Daniel and Benjamin had a wargame recently. Much softer and less dangerous! The pile of dirt we dug out for the water-tank installation a month or two ago (and which was going to keep my chooks happy in dirt heaven) has become a favourite play area. I did have to confine this game to the dirt pile, and stop them from throwing dirt rock balls all over the backyard: Yes, they did have to pick up the dirt globs from all over the lawn! I suppose the dirt is still going to be in the same general area once they finish the game, so the chooks when I finally get them, should be happy. In the meantime, 1 giant dirtpile plus assorted bits of timber and bricks = 2 boys happy as can be!
11 October, 2009
Shield and weapon
Posted by Debbie at 11:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment