Enjoyed a lovely day in the Sydney Botanical Gardens on the last day of term with the homeschool group. Such a restful, beautiful, interesting place! I think there were about 25 children in our group, and they learnt about composting and worm farms by one of the employees there. Then they got to harvest some mustard plants, do a bit of weeding, and plant some beans. Just before the 2 and 1/2 hour tour finished, they planted a watermelon seed in a cup to bring home.
I think we might start a worm farm once I get our vegie patch up and growing.
After the educational tour we all had a picnic lunch and play together, then went our separate ways. Sarah, Daniel and I continued on a wonderful walk through the gardens, and alongside the harbour right around to Mrs Macquarie's chair...then back again.
Got a little lost, lol - but it was all good!


And this spider thought to try hitching a ride in our backpack. Freaked me out a bit when I went to get our lunch out, but it jumped away with a bit of prodding. Yes - it JUMPED. Some sort of jumping spider apparently!
17 October, 2009
Botanical Gardens Excursion
Posted by Debbie at 9:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment