I've been quite remiss in not posting some photos of my chicken coop and my lovely hens. I have three Australorps, and three Rhode Island Reds.
The coop Tony built:-


how it looks now
my hens from left to right - Marigold, Henrietta, Rosey and Sweet Pea
Molly & Daisy are usually hanging out together...
The little Bantams - a Frizzle cross Barnevelder named Pippin, and a Silkie named Clucks.
then
and now
I'm now getting 4 eggs a day - still waiting on the last 2 hens to start laying. The Australorps are now 33 weeks old, and the Rhode Island Reds are now 29 weeks old. I know it's a natural thing for hens to lay, but I'm so proud of them! Eggs are a real miracle, and so healthy for us. Here are 5 hens enjoying a broccollini plant I pulled from my vegie garden for them. Henrietta was in the nesting box laying, when I took this photo today.

I hope to always have chooks. They are delightful, and useful animals.
08 August, 2010
Hen Haven
Posted by Debbie at 5:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Hello my dear friend!
The photos are just delightful. I'm so glad to see that your hens have settled in so well and you're enjoying them. Well done to Tony for making such a fabulous home for them, too!
My children pass on their 'hellos' to you all too. Maestro IS tall for his age (taller than me!), and looking forward to turning 12 in a couple of weeks. :)
Lotsaluv,
alecat
Just dropping in to say hello again.
My daughter phoned you the other day and spoke with Sarah .. but forgot to let me say a hello, lol!!
I hope you're still enjoying your hens, and new chicks (yay!) We're hoping one of our hens stays broody. She's changed her mind once already, but we really want to raise more chicks.
Post a Comment