Our Vegie garden has been absolutely raging! Lots of sun and rain and some watering have meant we are now eating our own homegrown cherry tomatoes, lettuce, lebanese cucumbers, baby bell capsicums, mini watermelons, chilli, strawberries, parsley, oregano and coriander. I wont grow coriander anymore, as it grew way too fast and went to flower...especially as I can buy 2 bunches for $1.50 at my local asian store!
It was only after we had eaten our salad the other night when I thought (too late) that I should have taken a photo. I was so very proud of the salad plate I'd made up to go with our dinner! It consisted of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, capsicum and flat leaf parsley; just a simple salad that I could have added other things to, but I wanted to ensure that only our own grown produce was in it.
Daniel is taking particular notice of growth, and gives me an update each morning after he feeds our dogs, of how the garden is growing. We will sometimes go and pick some tomatoes together, but usually I leave it till I am preparing meals and snip them straight from the garden to our plate...sensational!
This is our eggplant
Mini watermelons, grown in a pot. We have 2 fruit this size, plus more flowers
our main patch
Our corn bed planted early January
Our Corn, less than a month later
Whenever I serve salad now, the children ask me, "Is this from our garden?" To be able to reply "yes" is very satisfying indeed!
GENESIS 1:29 And God said, "See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed, to you it shall be for food."
29 January, 2009
How Is Our Garden Growing?
Posted by Debbie at 7:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
Look at you go!!
Well done on getting your corn in, too!
Post a Comment