01 December, 2008

Dogs Welcome in our Homeschool

We start our school day with morning Devotions, where we read aloud aloud a chapter from the Bible, write out one particular verse, and spend time in prayer. Last week as we were reading through Hebrews, I happened to look up and see these sweet scenes, so I got the children to pause while I ran and grabbed the camera.

How sweet is this?



And this



I'd say our homeschool was inclusive, wouldn't you? Exclusive too. What other school would be so welcoming of puppies on the desk and children on the floor patting dogs while they learn?

OK. Well it could happen in some other parts of the world, but I'm talking about suburban NSW. I'm sure it would happen in other homeschools, of course. A homeschooling friend used to have a parrot sitting on his shoulder while he studied, and I'm sure you've heard of the little boy who hid a mouse in his pocket. Let me assure you however, that rodents are NOT welcome in our homeschool! Dogs, fish, butterflies, spiders and bugs safely esconsed in containers as part of a nature study, yes, but definitely not a scorpion, which Daniel says he would like to own!

0 comments: