Well the children are still talking about our recent trip, and everyday there is some mention of going back. It's taken a couple of weeks, but I'm now back into the Sydney swing of things. I was actually depressed when I came home, because I missed the country. I sensed a real dreariness to Sydney which I can't remember feeling before. The best thing about coming home was seeing Tony again - I did miss him. It's the longest we have been apart in 17 years!
This is the road in to my cousin's property
This is my cousin's beautiful homestead where we stayed. 
I loved the solitude and the quietness of the country - broken only by the neighing horses, bleating sheep, squealing pigs, lowing cows and chook chook sounds. I could happily live my dream there... it's such a shame there are no work openings for Tony. Oh, and the evening bird noises and croaking frogs - I so much enjoyed sitting on the verandah around dusk, though the bugs were rather pesky! At dawn and early morning kangaroos would be grazing not far away.
My cousin's have just under 80 acres, and their own dam, which provided a lot of fun for Sarah and Daniel. We didn't take our dogs there, but my cousins dogs were well behaved and lapped up all the stick throwing attention they were given! The dam was also used to swim in. That was the first thing Sarah & Daniel did once we arrived. I think they were swimming within 20 minutes of us getting out of the car!
So what else did we do? Sarah's favourite thing was riding the horses

and Daniel's favourite thing was riding the quad bike
I think my favourite thing was all the relaxed reading I got to do whilst sitting on the verandah. I very much enjoyed Jane Eyre, New Moon, some gardening books, and a library novel of which I forget the name - though it was a great story of a young woman's marriage and journey through the Australian bush during the early settler days. And I looked forward very much to talking on the phone with Tony every night!
We also went to the beach, which we had to ourselves most of the time!
Such bliss, I wish we were there now!
02 December, 2009
Our Far North Coast Holiday
Posted by Debbie at 12:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








6 comments:
Hello my friend :)
That does indeed look very relaxing. I'm glad you were refreshed and can take those quiet moments back with you to reflect on when you got back home.
Thankyou, friend :)
...and apologies for the long delay in publishing your comment :)
Dropping by again to say hi;
I was thinking of you today. :)
Catherine xxxx
So nice to hear from you again! Thankyou for commenting dear Alecat xo
That was fun. When can we go back???
You know I would take you back tomorrow if I could... :) xo
Post a Comment