17 September, 2009

Nellie Kelly

If I say Nellie Kelly what do you think of?

I'm guessing most of us would say 'Passionfruit', me included. That is until I saw a variety of strawberry seedling in the nursery recently called Nellie Kelly. Of course I had to buy it, and it has just put on its first flower.

Surprisingly, it was a lovely pink colour! When I first glanced its way I thought some pretty flower had blown in and fallen on top of the plant... because all the strawberry flowers I've known have been smaller, white coloured ones. Upon investigating I found it was indeed a flower (which precedes the fruit) of this lovely Nellie Kelly strawberry! The tag accompanying the plant gave no hint of this, picturing only ripe, lush strawberries - so it was quite a delightful discovery for me.

click on the picture for a larger view



Such a pretty flower! I can hardly wait to taste the fruit.

Proverbs 31:31 give her the fruit of her hands

0 comments: