Dear Lord, please stop me from moaning and groaning too much throughout this next post!!
My poor body has been so very tired and sore almost everyday for the past 2-3 weeks! Too much kickboxing you ask? No, though that would have been preferable to what has caused these aches and fatigue.
It all started with the generosity of Tony's Dad, who bought us another water tank for the garden. I wanted it sited way up the backyard (behind my outdoor laundry) for ease of watering my newly planned vegie beds. The tank will eventually hold 2500 litres of water, taking advantage of approximately 80m2 of the laundry and our pergola/awning roofs. Since I have already begun praying for the Lord to send rain to fill it as soon as it's connected ... and because delivery of the tank was last Friday ... and because, well just getting things done NOW is how I like my world to run...naturally I wanted some action!
Unfortunately (and through no fault of mine, just in case you wonder) Tony cracked a rib whilst boxing a week or so before the delivery of the water tank was due. Right about the time he should have been digging out the spot. Underneath all the grass is a concrete slab that years ago used to be the incinerator area. Remember when we used to burn our rubbish in the backyard? Anyway, Tony had filled the area with dirt from our renovations because we never thought that one day a concrete slab in that area could be useful. Due to his injury, Tony was unable to dig...so who did the job fall to? Moi, that's who! Marking out the area was rather exciting, starting to dig was not!
The following is the place where the water tank will stand. Marked out, with a few pitiful spadefulls of dirt besides. Unfortunately, the job seemed beyond me. The ground was so hard and I hardly knew where to begin.

Thankfully, Tony's strong nephew came to help, and he is such a good worker! Richard reckons he moved out 3 tonnes of dirt, and I wheelbarrowed about 1 tonne of that further up the backyard to get rid of it. Hopefully the chooks (when we get them) will be in dirt heaven - I read they like scratching around in dirt...and now they have plenty, lol! Wait - who wheelbarrowed about a tonee of dirt? Moi, that's who!
Next is a photo of that beautiful concrete slab - minus the dirt. How good it was to finally see!

What do you think of that? So far you may be wondering why I'm so sore if that's all I did, but let me tell ya - there's a whole lot more to come. Nephew Richard went home, Tony is incapacitated, his Dad is too elderly, the kids are too young (though Daniel helped where he could) ... who is left to complete the job?
Moi, that's who!
Stay tuned for part 2, and till then - I'll be relaxing a little!
27 August, 2009
Surely This Is not My Kind of Work? Part 1
Posted by Debbie at 7:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








0 comments:
Post a Comment